RESEARCH VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
The DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY at the UNIVERSITY OF OREGON, is currently recruiting volunteers for a study investigating how antihistamines affect the ability to perform 10-km cycling time trials.
This study is being conducted by Dr. Halliwill and his graduate students.
If interested, contact Matt Ely at
Upon participation, you will be compensated for your time, up to $200.
- Screening visit (~2-hour)
- 2 Familiarization visits (~1 hour/visit)
- 4 Study visits (~4 hours/visit)*
- Must be fasted from food for 2 hours, caffeine for 12 hours, and alcohol for 24 hours prior to the study visits
- Must avoid exercise 24 hours prior to each study visit
- Ages 18-40
- Lean (BMI ≤ 25 kg/m2)
- No smoking, high blood pressure or heart disease
- Not currently taking medications (most forms of birth control accepted)
- Experience riding/racing bikes
- Able to perform 3 hours of continuous exercise